Black Friday Washing Machine DealsView All
Current Live Black Friday Washing Machine Deals
Rank Store Sale Start Date % Link 1
Up to 50% Off Black Friday Sale!
Up to 50% Off Black Friday Event!
Up to 50% Off Black Friday Event Now On!
Up to 50% Off Selected Items!
Black Friday Event Now On!
Black Friday Washing Machine Deals Buying Guide
BLACK FRIDAY WASHING MACHINE BUYING GUIDE 2017
If you are looking for a Black Friday washing machine and dryer, focus on getting the best washing machine, as the more water the machine extracts during a spin cycle, the less your dryer requires to work. So even a mediocre dryer may suffice when paired with a great washing machine.
The majority of washing machines are 27 inches wide, but manufacturers are now making them wider, adding 2 to 3 inches to increase capacity. How much laundry a machine can effectively clean, comes down to capacity. Anything bigger than 5 cubic feet should provide excellent capacity, about 25 to 28 pounds of laundry per load. This is best for big families with lots of laundry. 3 to 4 cubic feet will wash about 14 to 18 pounds of laundry per load. Since three cubic feet will wash only about eight to twelve pounds per load, some people may want to go for more capacity, even if they don’t always need it, so they can wash larger items.
There are three main types of washing machines: Top loaders with agitators, High-efficiency top loaders and High-efficiency front loaders
Top loaders are traditional washing machines, with an agitator in the middle of the machine that circulates your laundry. Despite some important drawbacks, top loaders cost less than high-efficiency washing machines but in general do not clean as well and do not extract as much water. This is especially important if you are looking to boost your dryers performance. Agitators tend to be tough on clothes compared to high-efficiency machines.
HIGH-EFFICIENCY TOP LOADERS
High-efficiency Top Loaders look like basic top loaders without the agitator. They offer better performance and water and energy efficiency. They spin faster so extract more water and hold more laundry than traditional top loaders: about 17 to 28 pounds per load. They can cost almost as much as front loaders and are prone to tangling up clothes. Some high-efficiency top loaders can become unbalanced if washing waterproof or water-resistant items. This can cause excessive shaking and sometimes damage the machine, so check the model spec for a low spin or no spin mode.
Front loaders tackle tough stains and are gentler on clothes. They offer more capacity than regular top loaders, so if you’re bombarded with lots of dirty clothes on a consistent basis this is your best option. They also extract the most water making a dryers job easier. Another plus for front loaders
is that they can be stacked with dryers to save floor space. While front loaders are often quieter than other types, they tend to vibrate.
Compact washing machines are usually 24 inches wide or less and can be stacked with the dryer to save even more space. Some are more portable designed with wheels to roll and attach to a sink if you don’t have the plumbing for a washing machine. Compact machines can be expensive for their size so they are only good value if you cannot fit a larger machine.
- Electronic displays and controls providing more options and flexibility than turn dials, allowing you to keep an eye on how much time is left in the cycle.
- Time save cycle: it cuts about 15 to 20 minutes off cycles that can normally run anywhere from 45 to 90 minutes. Most provide comparable cleaning to the normal cycle if you are not dealing with tough stains.
- Automatic dispensing for detergent fabric softener and bleach will release each one at the right time during the cycle. A bulk automatic dispenser does the same, but stores enough detergent to last for several loads.
- An extra rinse cycle is helpful if your detergent or fabric softener residues.
- Automatic load sensing is available on front loaders and most top loaders. It is a feature that senses the size of the load and uses just the right amount of water.
- An automatic temperature control adjusts the water to the correct temperature for the cycle you’re using.
- Some machines have a my cycle feature so you and sometimes several other members of the household, can program your favourite settings.
More detergent does not mean better cleaning, over time detergents can build up damaging your machine and your clothing. Never overload your wash: up for one with a larger capacity. This will help extend the life of your machine.