Black Friday Tumble Dryer DealsView All
Current Live Black Friday Tumble Dryer Deals
Rank Store Sale Start Date % Link 1
Blue Cross Sale: Up to 70% Off
Up to 50% Off Home and Electricals
October Sale: Save Up to 50%
Bedroom Event: 25% Off Beds Bedding and Furniture
Up to 40% Off Brands
Rank Store Sale Start Date % Link
Black Friday Tumble Dryer Deals Buying Guide
BLACK FRIDAY TUMBLE DRYER DEALS BUYING GUIDE 2017
The more water the washing machine extracts during a spin cycle, the less work your dryer has to do, so getting a good washing machine is more important than a top dryer. If you are just looking for a dryer, first make sure you have enough space. Most dryers are 27 inches wide but manufacturers are offering larger capacity models measuring 2 to 3 inches more. There are also compact models coming in at about 24 inches wide or less. Measure the height, width and depth of the area where you want to put your dryer. Guidelines for width are add an extra inch for space between the washer and dryer and an inch on either side of the appliance. Add at least 6 inches of depth space for door clearance. We find you can put dryers that score very good or excellent in on noise test near a bedroom, but models that score lower than that can make an annoying sound that can last the entire cycle. You can choose between a gas or an electric dryer.
Electric models are less expensive, but they cost slightly more to operate. Gas dryers are priced more than comparable electric dryers, but cost less to operate. Many can be used in regular or energy-saving mode, but know that in energy saving mode they take much longer to dry. If you are looking for big savings on your energy bills, you may be disappointed. Energy Star rated dryers will save you roughly £20 a year on an electric dryer and about half that if you opt for a gas model. Prices for energy star rated dryers start higher.
There are a few different types of dryers: –
- Combination washer/dryer
How much laundry you need to dry per load should play a big role in the type you buy. If you’ve got the space, full-sized dryers are a more practical choice. Besides holding more laundry they generally dry clothes faster than compact models. Some also come with front mounted controls so you can stack them if space is an issue. If you’re on the shorter side, you may have to stretch to reach the controls or empty the dryer drum.
FULL SIZE DRYERS
Most full-size dryers provide about 6 to 9 cubic feet of space, which means they can accommodate 14 to 28 pounds of laundry. To keep up with growing washing machine capacities, some dryers are coming with more than 9 cubic feet of space. That is clearly helpful for big households with lots of laundry. But the extra room also comes in handy if you want to dry bulky items.
Compact dryers are usually 24 inches wide or less. Some can stack on top of a compact front loading washer to save precious floor space, but these typically have half the capacity of regular size dryers and some can take longer than full size models to dry your clothes.
Another choice is washer and dryer combined. They generally perform as well as full-size machines but lack the capacity of a full-size dryer.
BLACK FRIDAY TUMBLE DRYER FEATURES
- Many compact models also offer vent less dryers, while traditional dryers pull in surrounding air and exhaust it outside. Vent less dryers remove the moisture through a condensation or heat pump system and then bed the air into the room again. This is convenient if you live in an apartment or if you don’t have easy access to an outside wall near your laundry area.
- Most dryers come with standard features such as timed and auto dry cycles, heat levels and settings for different fabrics like cotton and permanent press.
- One feature you’ll want is a moisture sensor, it recognizes when a load is dry. This means that less energy is used and your clothes aren’t exposed to extra heat. But dryers with sensors are designed to handle full loads, if you only toss in a few items the load may not touch the sensor enough and can cause the dryer to shut off too soon.
- Whether you choose dial or electronic controls, comes down to a personal preference. Dials are quick and easy to use, touch pads buttons and touch screens look sleek and can be more versatile, but not necessary when it comes to dryers.
- Some dryers feature extended tumble, it helps keep your clothes wrinkle free by tumbling intermittently.
- Smart dryers let you start and stop cycles via an app on your smart device.
- A top mounted filter instead of the kind you pull out from the inside of the dryer is slightly easier to access. Some filters even have a warning light that tells you when to clean it. This keeps your dryer running smoothly and reduces fire hazards.
- Blocked vents can also reduce efficiency and cause dryer fires. A vent blockage indicator is supposed to provide an alert or automatically stop the dryer if you’ve got a clogged vent. It is a good idea to clean them periodically according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Steam settings promise to reduce wrinkles and odours.
- Eco cycles are supposed to reduce the dryers energy use, but we find that the savings are minimal at best.
It is easy to keep even the most basic dryer running as efficiently and as safely as possible. Remember to always clean your filters and your vents and never overload your dryer.